The cPanel control panel is widely used by hosting companies. cPanel provided easy user interface to manage the website. Changing cPanel account password from time to time is very important.
To change cPanel password:
- Login to the cPanel
(cpanel login url is http://yourdomainame.tld:2082)
- Go to Preferences > Change Password
- In the box to the right of Old Password, input your old password.
- In the box to right of New Password, input the new password. This password should contain uppercase and lowercase letters, as well as numbers and non-numeric symbols. (example: [email protected]&d4!eR)
- Again, in the box to the right of New Password, input the password once again for verification.
- Do NOT uncheck the box for "Allow MySQL password change".
(This does not reset any passwords for your database users; rather, it keeps you able to login to phpMyAdmin and Fantastico De Luxe via cPanel.)
- Click on the Change your password button.
If any feedback, queries are always welcome!