The most awaited Android software update for Lenovo owned Motorola's Moto G5 plus mobile phone has been started to roll out in India from May 2017.
The Motorola Moto G5 plus mobile has received its sixth official update in May 2018 and it will soon receive a major update which will include Android OS upgrade from Nougat to Oreo 8.1. Checkout the last section of the post for more details on the Motorola Moto G5 Plus Android Oreo 8.1 update.
All information you want to know about latest Motorola G5 Plus Android software update in India!
This update introduces changes including the following:
- Android security update till April 01, 2018.
The updates are rolled in batches so all users will not receive the software update at once.
If your phone is part of the batch then you will be able to see software update icon on your mobile in the notification bar. Users can also check manually for the software updates.
NOTE: You cannot downgrade to a previous software version after installing this update.
Steps to check and install Moto G5 plus Android software update:
1. Navigate to Settings -> About Phone - System Updates and you will get below information if software update is available for your device.
2. Click on YES,I'M IN option to proceed with the software update.
3. The update will be downloaded on your device.
4. Post download completion, you will get below option.
5. If you wish to proceed with installation then click on INSTALL option else click on LATER option.
6. If you choose to install later than following screen will appear where you can schedule the installation.
7. Installation will take minimum 20 minutes and it is fast as compared to previous Motorola mobile phones. Do not switch off mobile as it will take some time to install updates.
8. The following details should be available post successful update.
If you are facing issues like battery draining, apps force losing, lag in application then try clearing cache partition. If the situation doesn't improve then perform factory reset.
Why I am not getting an update?
If you are not getting updates in time then check your software channel from phone status. Updates mostly depend on the software channels.
Motorola Moto G5 Plus Android Oreo 8.1 Update:
Motorola has officially announces the roll out of Android Oreo 8.1 on Moto G5 Plus devices in this month.
This update will bring following enhancements:
Android™ 8.1 Oreo™ :
Many enhancements including new multitasking features, more efficient notification controls and improved data saver, battery features, new power menu UI and Bluetooth improvements.
Includes the updates of Android security patches through June 1st 2018.
Includes changes that fix bugs and improve the stability of your phone.
Source - Motorola Support
The roll out date is not made official yet but it is being rumored that the roll out may start between July-August as final round of soak testing is still going on. Stay tuned to get more details on this!
If you do not wish to wait for official Android Oreo update and are enough tech savvy then we will suggest to try some custom ROM's present on XDA:
Disclaimer: Geeks Terminal is not responsible for anything that happens as a result of flashing these files.
Hope it helps!