The most awaited Android software update for Lenovo owned Motorola's Moto G5 plus mobile phone has been started to roll out in India from May 2017.
The Motorola Moto G5 plus mobile has received its much awaited Android Oreo 8.1 update from September 2018.
All information you want to know about latest Motorola Moto G5 Plus Android Oreo software update in India!
This update introduces changes including the following:
- Android™ 8.1 Oreo™ : many enhancements including new multitasking features, more efficient notification controls and improved data saver, battery features, new power menu UI and Bluetooth improvements.
- Stability improvements
- Android security updates up to 01 August 2018.
The updates are rolled in batches so all users will not receive the software update at once.
If your phone is part of the batch then you will be able to see software update icon on your mobile in the notification bar. Users can also check manually for the software updates.
NOTE: You cannot downgrade to a previous software version after installing this update.
Steps to check and install Moto G5 plus Android software update:
1. Navigate to Settings -> About Phone - System Updates and you will get below information if software update is available for your device.
2. Click on YES,I'M IN option to proceed with the software update.
3. The update will be downloaded on your device.
4. Post download completion, you will get below option.
5. If you wish to proceed with installation then click on INSTALL option else click on LATER option.
6. If you choose to install later than following screen will appear where you can schedule the installation.
7. Installation will take minimum 30 minutes and it is fast as compared to previous Motorola mobile phones. Do not switch off mobile as it will take some time to install updates.
8. The following details should be available post successful update.
If you are facing issues like battery draining, apps force losing, lag in application then try clearing cache partition. If the situation doesn't improve then perform factory reset.
Why I am not getting an update?
If you are not getting updates in time then check your software channel from phone status. Updates mostly depend on the software channels.
Have any question, query, suggestion? Please comment or contact us through contact page. We will get back to you.
Found the post useful? Please share the post and support us !