After the successful Beta testing, OnePlus has finally rolled out stable Oxygen OS 10.0.0 software update which includes most awaited Android 10 for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T mobile users. The update was rolled our around May 27, 2020 which is a staged rolled out. If there are no critical bugs found by the users participating in staged rolled out then OnePlus will push the update to more users irrespective of geographical locations. The update size is 1864MB and can be downloaded OTT or offline from official OnePlus website here.
You can also use Oxygen Updater Android application from Google Play store here to get the update and install it without waiting for your turn to get OTT.
OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T Android 10 update with OxygenOS 10 software update change log:
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in the Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- New Game Space feature now add all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages - Spam - Settings -Blocking settings)
Full Screen Gestures (OnePlus 5T Only)
- Removed back gesture from the bottom of the screen
- Added back gesture on the left and right side of the phone
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Electronic image stabilization currently under optimization and will be pushed in later stabler versions.Please stay tuned.
OnePlus 5 details after update:
Note: It is recommended to format i.e. wipe complete data from your mobile after updating to Oxygen OS 10.0.0. Always backup data & sync your accounts to make sure all data can be restored.
Bugs / Problems reported by OnePlus 5 & OnePlus 5T users after updating to Oxygen OS 10.0.0 Android 10:
- VoWiFi feature is missing.
- Gaming mode is missing.
- For Indian users, some UPI apps like Amazon Pay is not working.
- For some users, call recorder needs to be enabled again.
- In call recordings, voice is distorted.
- Gap at the bottom of screen between buttons, Google keyboard which should get fix in the next update.
- Couple of users have reported battery drain problems.
Do let us know what do you think about this new update by using comments section!