Brave browser is open-source and free browser developed by Brave Software, Inc. based on chromium web browser. It is seen as an alternative to Chrome browser due to its lightning fast browsing experience, responsiveness, extensions availability and inbuilt advertisement blocking capability.
To install Brave browser, Brave has made various operating system compatible installers which are available on their official website. Since it is just a installer and not a full setup, the installer will connect to the Brave servers to download the complete setup.
I had a tough time installing Brave browser using installer hence decided to hunt for the full standalone offline installer. After looking into the Brave repository available in GitHub, I finally found all types of installer for various operating systems at one place which are ready to download.
To download Brave browser offline standalone installer for Windows, Linux, macOS, Debian, Ubuntu & Darwin operating systems, follow the below steps:
Step 1 - Verify Brave browser latest version
Check the latest release version from Brave website here. At the time of writing this article, the latest version is 1.5.115.
Step 2 - Brave browser GitHub repository
As you know the latest release version number, we can download the standalone offline installer for Windows, MacOS, Linux, Debian and Darwin operating systems from the official Brave GitHub repository.
Note: For older version, replace version 1.5.115 with the version number you want to download in the above link.
Step 3 - Download standlone installer based on operating system
The page will display information. Click on Assets which will display different standalone installers based on operating system as in below image.
- If you want to install Brave browser on Windows then download standalone setup based which has extension EXE and 32 bit / 64 bit system.
- To install Brave browser on Linux based distros like Fedora RedHat, CentOS, etc. then download setup with extension RPM.
- If you want to install Brave browser on Debian based distros like Ubuntu, Kubuntu, etc. then download setup with extension DEB.
- To install Brave browser on macOS, download setup with extension DMG or PKG.
- If you are using Darwin operating system then download the setup with extension zip containing darwin name in it.
Do share your feedback or queries in comment section.