Airtel is the first Indian mobile operator to start CRBT (Caller Ring Back Tone) under the name Hello Tunes in July 2014. The service was very popular at that time and other mobile operators followed the same footprints by launching CRBT service under different names. Jio made its CRBT service available under name Jio Tunes for free to all of it's subscribers and gave other operators some serious competition in telecom industry under VAS (Value Added Services).
Airtel has recently made it's Hello Tunes service free of charge i.e. no monthly subscription charges or song shuffle charges. This step will benefit most of the customers apart from those who are using corporate plan. The Hello Tunes is not free for subscribers using corporate plan as reported on July 07, 2019. Please check with Airtel customer care to confirm the same.
The Airtel Hello Tunes can be activated can be activated using below methods:
Steps to activate Airtel Hello Tunes using Wynk mobile application for free
- Search the song using search option or listen from the curated list displayed on the main screen.
- The confirmation message will be displayed after pressing Activate for Free option and an SMS will be sent on your mobile number with activation status.
- The Wynk App Hello Tunes main page will display currently active Hello Tune on your number. The Hello Tune validity can be extended by clicking on Extend Validity option.
- To change Hello Tune anytime, repeat the same steps.
Steps to activate Airtel Hello Tunes using Airtel Hello Tunes website (charges may be applicable)
- Open Airtel Hello Tunes website https://www.airtelhellotunes.in/ in any browser.
- Listen to the various Hello Tunes present on the website by clicking on red play icon present near the song name. Search for various Hello Tunes by Album, Song, Artists, etc.
- To set the Hello Tune, click on the Get it option near the song.
- In step 1, enter your mobile number to get OTP.
- In step 2, enter the OTP received via SMS on your mobile enter.
- In step 3, click on Confirm to set the selected song as your Hello Tune.
Note: It is still not sure if changing Hello Tune from website is free or chargeable as we haven't tried the same. Also, it has been observed that Hello Tunes available on Website and that of Wynk App are not same. So, we suggest to use Wynk App instead of website for activating and setting/changing the Hello Tune which will be completely free depending your plan.