As per Hon. Supreme Courts latest decision the last date to link Mobile number with Aadhaar card is March 31, 2018. Telecom operators provided service where one has to physically visit store to link mobile number with Aadhaar card which was inconvenient for many people. Telecom operators now have rolled out call based IVRS OTP verification starting from Jan 1, 2018 to link Mobile number with Aadhaar card.
Prerequisites to link Mobile number with Aadhaar card online using call based OTP and IVRS
- Aadhaar card number
- Mobile number linked with Aadhaar card to receive SMS
Steps to link Mobile number with Aadhaar card online using call based OTP and IVRS:
- Dial 14546 number from your mobile number for which you want to link Aadhaar card.
- You will be greeted with IVRS message.
- If your mobile number is already link with Aadhaar card then IVRS will play recorded message and call will get disconnected.
- If your mobile number is not linked with Aadhaar card then IVRS will play recorded message and will ask you to provide your Aadhaar card number.
- IVRS will also ask you to accept terms and conditions. Post accepting, the OTP will be send by IVRS on the mobile number linked with Aadhaar card. This SMS will be sent by UIDAI officially.
- Provide the OTP and if it is correct then IVRS will accept your request for processing.
Note - Accepting your request does not mean that your mobile number is linked with your Aadhaar card. It will take from 48 to 74 hours for the request to get process. One can check the status by dialing the number 14546. In case of any issues call your customer helpline at 198.
The facility is currently available for Telenor, Jio, Idea, Vodafone, Airtel & BSNL telecom customers.
Do let us know by commenting if the process worked of you or not!